This Bookkeeping Services Agreement is a legally binding contract between [Your Company Name] and [Client’s Name]. It outlines the scope of bookkeeping services to be provided, compensation terms, confidentiality obligations, and the governing law.
Both parties acknowledge their responsibilities and agree to abide by the terms set forth in this agreement. This agreement ensures a professional and mutually beneficial relationship between the Service Provider and the Client.
[Your Company Name] [Your Company Address] [City, State, ZIP] [Phone Number] [Email Address] [Website]
[Client’s Name] [Client’s Address] [City, State, ZIP]
Dear [Client’s Name],
RE: BOOKKEEPING SERVICES AGREEMENT
This Bookkeeping Services Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made between [Your Company Name] (the “Service Provider”) and [Client’s Name] (the “Client”) collectively referred to as the “Parties.”
1. SERVICES: The Service Provider agrees to provide bookkeeping services to the Client in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. The bookkeeping services may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks: a) Maintaining and organizing financial records b) Recording financial transactions c) Reconciling bank statements d) Generating financial statements e) Preparing financial reports f) Assisting with tax preparation g) Providing financial advice and recommendations
2. The Client acknowledges that the bookkeeping services provided by the Service Provider do not include legal or professional accounting advice. The Client shall consult with their own legal and accounting professionals for such advice.
3. TERM This Agreement shall commence on [Start Date] and shall continue until terminated by either Party in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
4. COMPENSATION The Client agrees to pay the Service Provider for the bookkeeping services rendered based on the fee structure outlined in Schedule A attached hereto. The fee structure may include hourly rates, fixed fees, or any other mutually agreed-upon method.
5. The Client shall make payments to the Service Provider within [Number of Days] days from the date of receipt of an invoice. Late payments may be subject to a late fee of [Late Fee Percentage] % per month, or the maximum amount allowed by law, whichever is lower.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY: The Service Provider shall maintain the confidentiality of all financial and sensitive information provided by the Client during the course of this Agreement. The Service Provider shall not disclose such information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Client, except as required by law.
7. TERMINATION: Either Party may terminate this Agreement by providing written notice to the other Party at least [Number of Days] days prior to the desired termination date. Any outstanding fees or expenses incurred up to the termination date shall be paid by the Client.
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Service Provider retains all rights, title, and interest in any intellectual property, including but not limited to software, templates, and methodologies, used or developed during the provision of the bookkeeping services.
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of [State/Province], without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior negotiations, understandings, and agreements, whether written or oral.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties hereto have executed this Bookkeeping Services Agreement as of the date first above written.
[Your Company Name] Authorized Signatory
[Client’s Name] Authorized Signatory
Schedule A: Fee Structure
[Insert fee structure details]
Note: This template is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. It is recommended to consult with a qualified attorney to review and customize this template according to your specific needs and jurisdiction.